Tuesday, June 25, 2019

35.0 Hows Food At Your Boarding Place? This Is All About Tea I Had.



We had to drink milk tea with less milk powder and, it was a watery tea. The owner of the boarding place was an aunt and, she used to keep enough tea for all of us in a flask. 




She kept in on the dining table and, she served tea in the mornings and evenings. On some evenings, she was kind to give a snack with tea. So, after starting advance level studies, all of us had evening classes after school. Therefore, we used to have a small thing after school and, had lunch at the boarding place after the classes. Then we had lunch in the evenings and, it was tea time. 


Therefore, we had tea also after lunch. One day our aunty said 'You all don't need evening tea when you have evening classes as you had lunch in the evening right?. But we did not agree with her and, we said that it's not a problem to have a tea even just after lunch. We knew that it did not give an additional supplement due to the quality of the tea and other meals. However, she thought about us as a greedy gang. 


One day she called her daughter and, said that 'these gals are having tea just after lunch. They can have heavy meals anytime'. She said the same thing to one of my boarding mate's mother also and, she embarrassed a lot. 



So, that aunty talked to my friend and, asked not to have tea just after lunch. But my friend did not agree with her and, she said that it's required for all of us. However, we did not care about those talks even though, it embarrassed others. We had our tea as usual. Aunty did not keep tea in the flask for a couple of hours and, she cleaned it as soon as tea time was over. So, sometimes we missed it once we had to spend more time in the evening tuition classes.


Though it was not a good quality tea to enjoy, we expected it in the mornings and evenings. So, one day, one of my boarding mates asked her evening tea from aunty in such a situation. At that time, she said that she could not make tea time to time for each of us separately as per the schedules we had and, she asked her to work according to the rules of the boarding. After that, my friend did not make the same request again. However, she prepared tea for me in such a situation as I did not eat meat or eggs. In those days, that green color flask was one of our little hope and, all of us expected to see it in every morning and evening. Hah hah haa...


Time went tightly at the boarding place with exam pressure. However, the boarding gang was close friends like sisters and, they were a crazy gang. One day we got to know about a series of stars which can be seen in the very early morning and it was a rare scene. So, we decided to watch and, we informed aunty on the previous night. 



She also interested and, on the following day all of us went out with her. It was around four or clocks in the morning and, we went to the main road to watch it clearly. There was a restaurant and, one of the boarding mates liked its young manager. So, she visualized a romantic moment also with him and, she wished he could be there to watch the stars. Lol... So, we talked such nonsense and, observed the sky for a couple of minutes to find out that group of stars. We were lucky to see that rare moment. We thought that our effort was not waste by looking at the amazing stars in the clear sky. Anyway, I do not remember the specialty of those stars. On that day, aunty made tea for all of us once we returned to the boarding place.


As well as she gave usual morning tea before going to school. So, we glad about the additional bonus tea we had in the early morning. Therefore, one day-night we lied to her and, we said that we could see another amazing star series in the sky if we could go out in the morning. So, we got up early in the morning and, went out to watch the stars with aunty. But she did not suspend us though, all of us could see the ordinary stars which can be seen in the early mornings. However, it was not a problem because one day had succeeded out of two days. As we expected, she served tea for all of us once we returned to the boarding place back. It was a pleasure for all of us as we could win our plan.


However, I did not admit it today as an adult though we did it for our fun. I don't know why all of us did not think about it as the wrong thing. At that time our thoughts were different and, we tried to have fun out of every little thing. So, at that time also we discussed that aunty could donate something because of us. That was the idea of our hooligan sisters. According to our mindsets those days, we thought that we helped her to gain merits. Though I did not breach the rules of school and parents, I contributed to some kind of such silly things with the companion of my friends. 




After a very long time, I met aunty in Colombo. She was weak and grew old. Though I stopped and talked to her, she could not remember me. Annually there was a different gang of school girls in her boarding place. Or else she did not care about the crazy things we did. Sometimes our behavior was normal for her. 


So, once I asked for some more details from her, she said that she went to the hospital to check the blood. I felt sad about her and, I asked her not to go out without somebody. Then she looked at the sky and, said that the gods protect her. She had a decent family background and, those days all of her children were in some other countries. None of them stayed in Sri Lanka. She also planned to go abroad and live with her youngest son. 


It was her dream, and she was waiting for her son's message. But I realized that nothing had happened, by looking at her eyes. Once I asked her not to go out without somebody, her eyes filled with tears. After that, the whole day was a gloomy day for me and, my mind filled with her memories and sorrow. Meantime, I remembered the incidents and memories we had in the boarding place, and I worried about aunty. Today society is not kind enough to take care of their parents. If they could not bring them to their countries, at least they could look after them with the support of adult helpers.


As soon as I came back home, I had a habit of drinking milk tea. Therefore, I bothered my mother to get a cup of tea as soon as possible. 


Sometimes she got angry with me when she was working on something else which eager than my need. One day she asked me to tell her before getting down from the bus and, she said that then I could have it as soon as I came home. Though she asked me to make tea for myself, I always loved to drink a cup of tea prepared by my mother.

However, in Sri Lanka, milk tea is not a good beverage because of certain low-quality milk powder. Milk powder is the cause of most of the diseases in our society. However, I think it's our responsibility to aware of these things and, change our food habits.  




#blogger #bloggers #blogging #blog #writingcommunity #spreadlove #writerlift #reader #aunty #boardinghouse #cheat #class #daughter #flask #food #friends #fun #memories #merits #night #son #starts #tea #forgiveus #lie

19 comments:

  1. I enjoy what yoоu guy are usually up too. This kind of clever work and reporting!
    Keep up the very good works guys I'vе added you guys to blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear, Thanks for your kind response.
      It encouraged me to work on more. Thanks for reading my blog.
      Have a great day dear buddy.. :)

      Delete
  2. Its like you read my thoughts! You appear to grasp so much about this, like you wrote the ebook in it
    or something. I think that you simply can do with some % to force the message home a bit, but other than that, this is excellent blog.
    A fantastic read. I'll certainly be back. Does your site have a contact
    page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to send
    you an e-mail. I've got some creative ideas for your blog you
    might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site
    and I look forward to seeing it grow over time. Its such as you read my
    thoughts! You seem to understand so much approximately this, like you wrote the
    guide in it or something. I feel that you could do with a few
    % to pressure the message house a bit, but instead of that, this
    is excellent blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

    http://alienware.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. bookmarked!!, I love your site! It’s perfect time to
    make a few plans for the longer term and it’s time to be happy.
    I’ve read this post and if I may I desire to suggest
    you some attention-grabbing issues or advice. Maybe you could write next articles regarding this article.

    I want to read even more issues about it! I have been surfing online
    greater than 3 hours as of late, yet I by no means discovered any
    attention-grabbing article like yours. It is beautiful worth enough for me.
    In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made good content material as you
    did, the internet will likely be much more useful than ever before.
    http://www.cspan.net/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ll immediately grasp your rss as I can’t in finding your e-mail subscription link
    or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please permit me know in order that I may just subscribe.

    Thanks. Hi there would you mind letting me know which hosting company you're
    using? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different web browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.
    Can you recommend a good hosting provider at
    a honest price? Cheers, I appreciate it! I love what you guys tend to
    be up too. This kind of clever work and exposure!

    Keep up the amazing works guys I’ve included you guys to my blogroll.
    http://Pepsi.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi just wɑnteɗ too give you a brdief heads up and
    let you know a few of thhe piсtures aren't loading ϲorrectly.
    I'm not sure ԝһy but I thіnk its a linking issue. I'vetried it in two
    differеnt internet browsers and both show thee same reѕults.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi buddy, Thanks for your response. I checked now and it does not exist. Can you please clear cache (press Ctl+F5) and check again?
      Thanks again. Have a great day dear... :)

      Delete
  6. Cɑnn I just say what a relief to discover someⲟne who genuinely knows what
    they're discussing on the ѡeb. You definitely know how to bring
    a problem to ⅼight and make it importɑnt. More and more peopⅼe shoujld read
    this and understand this side off your story. I ԝas surprised you aren't more popular iven that you suely poѕsess tthe ɡift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear,Thanks for commenting here and reading my blog. Thanks again. Hope you enjoyed the post. Have a great day buddy.. :)

      Delete
  7. Hey, most people employed to prepare fantastic, nevertheless
    the previous few blogposts are kind boring… My partner and i miss ones own superb documents.

    Prior a few blog posts are just a modest outside trail! appear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Informative article, totally what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to read your response. Thanks for reading and commenting here dear. Great day... :)

      Delete
  9. I seldom leave a response, but i did some searching and wound up here
    "35.0 Hows Food At Your Boarding Place? This Is All About Tea I Had.".
    And I actually do have a couple of questions
    for you if it's allright. Could it be just me or does it
    look as if like a few of the comments come across as if they are coming from
    brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are writing on other places, I'd
    like to keep up with everything fresh you have to post.
    Would you list of the complete urls of your communal
    pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol.. :d Love your feedback. I always appreciate my readers views and feedback. Therefore, don't worry about your suggestions and feedback. Actually, it is a good suggestion. I'll do it soon, dear friend. Hope you enjoyed the post. Great day... :)

      Delete
  10. It's remarkable in favor of me to have a website, which is helpful for my
    knowledge. thanks admin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dear, Thanks for your kind feedback. I'm so happy to know that this was an useful blog for you. It is my pleasure. Thanks again for your time.
      Have a nice day, dear... :)

      Delete
  11. I am a new user of this site so here i saw multiple articles and posts posted by this site,I curious more interest in some of them hope you will give more information on this topics in your next articles. cultured ghee benefits

    ReplyDelete
  12. I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thank you again cultured ghee vs ghee

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject.

    Daisy Smart Contract

    ReplyDelete