Tuesday, April 30, 2019

26.0 Trips! It's Dangerous! (Nightmare Of My Parents)


I do not remember what was the very first trip or outing, I went with my family members. However, there was an annual trip every December with my family members. Sometimes a few relatives and friends joined us. 







As I can remember, I went to my first school trip when I was in grade eight, I think. Though my school arranged several trips early, my parents did not let me go. So, when all of my friends were going to many school trips, I was staying at home according to my parent's permission. I think it is one key reason for me to share a story about 'Trips' with you today. 



My parents did not like to send us out for a few days without them. The same thing happened to my younger sister as well. She also went to very few school trips with her friends. Sometimes we got their permission for some trips, and it was not an easy task. Though we cried for hours, they did not change their decisions. They proved their decision as a valid one by pointing out some reason. Sometimes, they took certain real situations as examples to scare us. They had a big database with many incidents. Actually, they could retrieve the appropriate incident. Now also, their heartbeat gets changed when we were telling about a trip, I think.


In some situations, we asked some of our best friends to get permission from our parents. In such cases, they also had to listen to the same lecture. However, that was not a solution and, it did not work at all. Though we cried and fought with them, they ignored all our behaviors by keeping their decisions as it is. So, sometimes it exceeded my limits, and I also got angry with them badly. I argued with them. However, I could not go on any trip that they did not like me to go to.


So, in these situations, we went to my mother for permission. She was my first approver and, father was the final approver. Most of the time, we failed at the first approval. In such a case, we could not submit our request for final approval even. So, once we asked for permission from my mother, she questioned us. 



The very first question checked whether there are any places to have a bath or not. So, by any chance, if she knew that, she did not allow me to go that trip though I did not need to have a bath even. Meantime she explained a few stories about people who died when they were having a bath in such unsecured places. Every time she had a good story. It does not matter about the climate. Even though there was a hot climate without rain at all, their decision was the same. 


Sometimes they reminded the validity of accuracy every time when there were similar incidents published in the newspaper or a TV channel. They used to say that 'See, that's why we did not let you go. The next question checked the people who were going on the trip. If she understood that there was no responsible person, she did not forget to blame them by remembering their past. If we could go through these two questions, then we got her approval and, she asked us to ask my father.


So, I had to tell all about the trip to my father once he came home. He also questioned the same things that my mother asked. But it was a detailed questionnaire. He could point out more reasons which could help with the cancellation. So, when grown-up I answered his questions very carefully as I knew his points. When my father was explaining the validity of his reasons, my mother also supported him, saying that she also pointed out the same. In such situations, she never took my side. Basically, both of them tried to cancel our trips in our school days.


Those days they had another tricky way to avoid us and, it was their dreams. So, once I woke up in the morning to go on the trip, my mother said about a nightmare she saw the last night. Meantime, she explained the results of her dream and, always it was not a good one. Finally, she asked me to stay at home. 


So, when I was murmuring my worries, my father also came and explained the dream he saw. At that time my mother said 'Oh my god... You also saw a nightmare? So, when both of them said that, I was also feeling a little afraid about the journey those days. However, they never revealed the dream clearly, and it was a funny drama they played in our childhood to cheat us.


One day a few friends went to my other friend's home. She was living in the beautiful countryside and, that's why they decided to go there. It was a two days journey. So, I tried a lot to go on that trip as I wanted to visit her green home town. But my parents did not like it. I think I was crying for a few hours by requesting their permission. Later on, I increased my volume to get their attention, though there were no tears in my eyes


However, they ignored by saying that their decision never changed and, asked me to cry the entire day if I wish. So, I was tired of the situation and went to bed early. On the following day, when I was getting ready to go to a tuition class, my father gave me money to buy a dress to wear. My friends also got upset and, they thought that my parents would give permission for me as I was going with them. As my parents knew most of them. After that, they did not ask me to go on trips with them. Though it made me sad, I was helpless. So, I did not ask about the journeys when they were planning trips.


Though we had annual trips with family members, there were no special memories about those trips. They were comfortable journeys without hurdles except for only one trip where we had to stay in the vehicle for a whole night as we could not find out a place to stay because of the crowd. Everything happened as per the environment we had at the home. The only difference was we lived somewhere else. 





Therefore, the first memorable trip was a school trip we went to. Many of our classrooms went on the trip. So, there were many buses also. When we are going there, nobody wanted to sit in the seats. Everyone wanted to sing and dance. But everyone wanted to sleep when we were coming back. At that time only we understood that the seats were not enough for everyone. 



Therefore, we could not sit at a stretch. But some of them slept well. So, most of them had to stand for a couple of hours as they could not take their seats back and, I was also among them. So, I was very tired when coming back home. However, I think most of the journeys ended up with tiredness.


This incident also happened in one of our school trips. On that day we went to the seaside and, planned to go for a boat ride and see the coral️. Though a lot of people were ready to go, they were scared. So, most of us asked one of our teachers to come with us. 



She was a chubby and pretty lady. The boat was floating in the water and, it could not park like a car as you know. So, it was a difficult thing for her to get into the boat. When she was putting one leg, the boat floated to somewhere. So, every time she tried, she could not get into the boat. Everyone helped her, but her effort was pointless. So, she said that she cannot come with us, and asked us to go. But nobody wanted to leave her and, others also tried to get down from the boat. However, it made her sad as she knew that all of us were looking for that boat ride. 


So, she put her final attempts. Finally, she got into the boat. I could say that the others dragged her into the boat. It made all of us laugh and, it was fun for her as well. She was one of the teachers we loved. When we were going for a few miles, one of my friends fainted as the boat was moving to different sides with sea waves. It was a different experience for the majority of us including me. It was my first boat ride in the sea and, I enjoyed it a lot though I tightly hanged the boat seat. Meantime, we took photographs, and it was an endless job for some friends. I also brought a camera and, I wanted to take photos of coral reefs. 


The boat driver was a young boy, and he gave some details about coral reefs. So, he saw that everyone was trying to capture coral reefs as much as possible. There was a glass in the boat to see coral reefs. He said that we cannot take the pictures via that glass. But we took photos and, understood that there were no coral reefs when cleaning the camera reel. 



Those days I did not have a digital camera and, a limited number of photos can be taken via that camera. As I was going crazy by looking at the coral reefs, I wasted half of the camera reel for coral reefs. Meantime, I wanted to take a photo of us, including the sea. As there were no selfies in those days, I gave my camera to one of my friends. Those photos also were useless. Certain portions of our bodies have captured with the sea view. There were hands, heads, and legs, including the sea among her captures. It made me angry and, a few friends also planned to take the copies of my photos. So, it was a pathetic incident for me. Once I asked her, she said that at that time, she fainted though she did not tell us. Finally, there were no photos of coral reefs and boat riding. 


As this trip was an unforgettable trip, I did not forget to see their boat riding place when we were going some other journeys by passing 'Hikkaduwa. However, their service is not available since 2006 I think. As you know, the tsunami destroyed the most valuable lives and things. It was one key pathetic incident for Sri Lankans. Still, I can remember their friendly faces.





#blogger #bloggers #blogging #blog #writingcommunity #spreadlove #writerlift #reader #boat #camera #cry #dreams #family #friends #fun #granny #incidents #parents #photos #photoshoot #restrictions #ride #rules #sea #teacher #trips #tsunami

38 comments:

  1. Everything is very open with a clear description of the issues.
    It was definitely informative. Your site is useful.
    Many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear... Thank you for your kind response. I saw your feedback when starting my day and it made me happy.
    Have a great day dear...🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. bookmarked!!, I like your blog! I am sure this article has touched all
    the internet visitors, its really really nice article on building
    up new weblog. It is appropriate time to make some plans for the longer term and
    it’s time to be happy. I’ve learn this publish and if I could I wish to suggest you some attention-grabbing issues or advice.
    Maybe you could write next articles relating to this article.
    I want to read more issues approximately it! http://Cspan.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your response dear buddy...
    Have a great day dear.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I constantly spent my half an hour to read this weblog’s articles daily along with
    a cup of coffee. Hi! I've been reading your blog for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out
    from Austin Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the fantastic work!

    I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!
    http://alienware.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Austin, I'm happy to receive such a feedback from you.

    Thanks for spending your valuable time with my blog posts. It is my pleasure.

    Hope you enjoyed the blog.

    Have a great day dear friend.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what you guys are usually up too. Such clever work and exposure!
    Keep up the amazing works guys I've added you guys
    to my personal blogroll. It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy.

    I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you
    few interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article.
    I wish to read more things about it! I’ve
    been browsing online more than 4 hours today,
    yet I never found any interesting article like
    yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion,
    if all site owners and bloggers made good
    content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.

    http://tagomi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear buddy.. Thanks for your response.
    Sorry for the late response. Had a busy week end. Its my pleasure to receive such a feedback from you.
    Have a great day buddy.. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved as mսch as you wikll receive carried out right here.
    The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish.
    nonethеless, you command gett got an edginess over
    that you wish be deliveing the following. unwell unqueѕtionably come
    more formerly again aas exactlу the same nearly a lοt often inside case you shielԀ tnis hike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear, Thanks for your response and thanks for following up my blog posts. Hope you enjoyed the posts.
      Have a great day dear buddy.. :)

      Delete
  10. I've been browsing online more than 2 hours today,
    yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all site owners
    and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be much more
    useful than ever before. Way cool! Some very valid points!
    I appreciate you penning this write-up and also the rest of the site is extremely good.
    Hello would you mind letting me know which hosting company you're using?

    I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different internet browsers and I must say this blog
    loads a lot quicker then most. Can you recommend a good hosting provider at
    a reasonable price? Cheers, I appreciate it! http://Starbucks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your response dear buddy.. Would love to receive your comments. Im using blogger.com and I think it would be a good way to host your sites. I dont have a good idea about hosting providers dear.
      Have a great day dear buddy...😊

      Delete
  11. Ⲩou could сertainly see your skills within the article you write.
    The world hоpes for even more passionate wrіters like you who aren't afraid to say hοw they
    belieѵe. At all timess go after your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind response dear. Its my pleasure. I'm revealing the life experience by including my emotions I had. I think you could touch it as you are a nice person.
      Have a great day dear buddy..😊

      Delete
  12. I really love your website.. Very nice colors & theme. Did
    you make this amazing site yourself? Please reply back as I'm attempting to create my own personal site and
    would love to learn where you got this from or exactly what the theme is named.
    Thank you! I couldn’t resist commenting. Well written! Ahaa, its
    pleasant dialogue about this post at this place at this weblog, I have read all that, so at this time me
    also commenting here. http://cspan.org/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sure this article has touched all the internet viewers, its really really
    fastidious article on building up new web site. Way cool!
    Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this post and the rest of the website is also very good.

    I’ve been browsing on-line greater than 3 hours these days, but I by no means discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours.
    It is pretty worth sufficient for me. Personally, if all
    webmasters and bloggers made excellent content material as you did, the
    internet will probably be much more useful than ever before.

    http://foxnews.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I lile what yοu ɡuʏs are up too. Sucһ clever work and reporting!
    Keep up the ᴠery good works guys I've incorporated you guys to
    mmy bⅼogroll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your response dear buddy...
      Hope you enjoyed the post.
      Have a great day dear.. :)

      Delete
  15. Ꮋowdy very cool website!! Guy .. Ꭼxϲellent ..
    Sսperb .. I will bookmark your site and take tһe feeds also?
    I'm ѕatisfied to seek out so many useful information rigһt hегe in the submit, we need work ⲟut more techniques onn this regard, tһank
    уou forr sharing. . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear, thank you very much for your response. Hope you enjoyed the post. Thanks again for following up my blog posts..
      Have a great day dear buddy... :)

      Delete
  16. I really like people from your individual struggle with this web page.
    A son really likes engaging in research along with it’s simple to grasp the reason why.

    Every one of us learn concerning the compelling strategy most people supply intelligent tactics by using your webblog and also accepted solution with some on this subject material moreover our
    own boy has always been mastering much. Watch the other countries in the new
    year. You’re the sole conducting a advantageous job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your response dear.. hope you enjoyed the blog.
      Have a great day buddy... :)

      Delete
  17. I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Perfectly written!
    Hi there, I enjoy reading through your post. I wanted
    to write a little comment to support you. I have been browsing on-line
    greater than 3 hours nowadays, yet I by no means found any interesting
    article like yours. It is beautiful value enough for me. In my
    view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content material as you probably did, the web might be much
    more useful than ever before. http://www.cspan.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahaa, its nice conversation concerning this post
    here at this weblog, I have read all that, so now
    me also commenting at this place. Hello! I've been reading
    your web site for some time now and finally got the courage to
    go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood
    Texas! Just wanted to say keep up the great job!
    This is a topic that is near to my heart... Cheers! Exactly where are your
    contact details though? http://samsung.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do believe many other internet site users must take this web site for an model, very neat breathtaking end user
    friendly pattern, in addition to the written content. You’re
    an expert in this subject!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reallly appreciate your feedback and recommendation dear buddy. Thanks for reading my blog. Great day dear... :)

      Delete
  20. If some one dedires хpert view concerning blogging and site-building
    after that i advisе him/her to pay a visit this webpage, Keeⲣ uр thee good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much dear.. Hope you enjoyed the blog. Have a great day buddy... :)

      Delete
  21. Hey there would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using?
    I'm planning to start my own blog in the near
    future but I'm having a tough time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and
    Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs
    and I'm looking for something unique. P.S Apologies for
    being off-topic but I had to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi dear, im using blogger.com. i think it is good choice for bloggers. Great day...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this blog.

    I'm hoping to see the same high-grade content
    from you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has motivated
    me to get my own website now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey... Thank you very much. I really appreciate your interest and time. Hope you enjoyed the blog. Its a good news.. Please share your blog details with us.
      Thanks again for your time, dear..
      Have a great day... :)

      Delete
  24. This website was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I've
    found something which helped me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dear, Thanks for reading and commenting. I'm so glad to know that you find out relevant information via my blog. It is my pleasure.
      Great day buddy... :)

      Delete
  25. My developer is trying to convince me to move
    to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of
    the costs. But he's tryiong none the less.

    I've been using Movable-type on several websites for about a year and am
    worried about switching to another platform. I have
    heard excellent things about blogengine.net. Is there a
    way I can transfer all my wordpress content into it? Any help would be really appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thanks for reaching out me. But I hope my knowledge is not enough to give you a good answer. However, you can list down the pros and cons of his suggestion and make a decision accordingly. Don't forget to take a backup. Great day... :)

      Delete
  26. Very informative and fantastic structure of subject matter, now that's
    user genial (:.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dear... Thank you very much. Thanks again for your time and interest. I really appreciate it. Have a nice day dear buddy... :)

      Delete