Monday, January 21, 2019

16.0 Little Tips For Reading And Writing Love Letters.

As Valentine's day is near, I would like to share some of my memories regarding love letters. As I have a lot of memories of this, I thought to bring them into two parts. So, this is the first portion of love letters. My parents are the two main characters for my first memorable story. In the past, I had a habit of digging everything and, find out something. 


So, when times permitted, I searched in every nook and corner of drawers, cupboards and, showcases. There was a showcase which consists of some clothes and some old stuff. Under the clothes, there was a little-secured pack and, then I took it out. When I opened it, I saw a bundle of letters, and it was a pleasure for me to find them. It was a great pleasure for me once I got to know that those are some letters. By the time I was thirteen years old.




All those letters arranged nicely. It gave me a perspiration fragrance once I opened one letter. So, I wanted to see the contents of those letters soon. I got to know that those letters written by my parents when they were lovers after reading a few of them. 

As I wanted to keep this as a secret, that place was not good to read them peacefully. So, I took all the letters and put them in my room. The biggest problem I had was my sister as she can spoil this within a few minutes if she found these letters. Because it's difficult to conceal something from her. In those days, her main task was to find and, tell my mistakes to my mother. Because she did not prefer to hear appreciations given by my parents to me. She tried to crash it and, hunt down for every possible mistake. She was very jealous to see my good image. So anyway, this was a nasty thing to hide from her.


So, I had to wait for a couple of days to find out a good time to read even though I hid these letters in a secured place. I kept on thinking that how to find out a suitable time for this thing. We two studied in one room and, used to sleep with my mother. So, I did not have a chance to read these quick enough. When I was thinking and thinking I got a smart idea. 

That is to keep these letters one by one in a big book that can be covered a half-sheet. Then I thought that I can read them by showing that I was reading that book. And, then my next step was to find a book which can keep these letters without showing them outside. That was my requirement and, I spent another couple of days to find out a suitable book. 


Finally, I found a good book. That was the character of honorable 'Anagarika Dharmapala. It was a great book given by my grandfather when he was teaching 'English' language for me. It was written down from his birth to death. It had a dark-colored blended rosy back cover and, the gold-hued text style was there saying 'Honorable Anagarika Dharmapala. I already read this book on those days, even though I have taken this for my work. Later on, I gave that book to our temple's library.



He was a heroic character in our country 'Sri Lanka and, he served our nation well. In that era, Buddha Gaya in India has not belonged to Buddhists. They did not get the opportunity to worship. Buddha Gaya is the place where our Lord Buddha enlightened. So, 'Anagarika Dhramapalathuma put an enormous effort and, he could take Buddha Gaya back to Buddhists. Buddhists could worship that place with sacred thoughts again. I think Indians respected him more than our Sri Lankans and, you can identify that difference once you visit India. 

His service for publishing Buddhism in the world also appreciable and, he sacrificed his life for Buddhism because of these situations. However, he had to do these things amid huge obstacles, even though he worked for a common goal of Sri Lankans. It is said that he did not get much support whatever he ought to have received for a common purpose. But he was a devotee to heal the hearts of many people. When he was publishing the Dhamma in other countries, there was another great person who supported him a lot and, he was 'Sir Henry Olket. 


So, when I looked at these letters, my hands trembled. After that, I kept one letter inside the book to read. That was a letter written by my mother and, it was awesome. When I saw the letters that she had written, I felt a sigh of relief. It's clean so clear. It was about her stuff like the days she went to work, her friends' stories and, the days she came back home. So, without any distraction, I was able to read a lot of letters written by my parents without taking the attention of my sister. To read these letters peacefully, I went to a corner of the room by facing the door. It helped me to take suitable action when somebody was entering the room. 

Therefore, I had enough time to hide my book and, read another one according to the situation. My mother nicely arranged the letters by the date she sent and, received. Therefore, her written one and, father's response was there in order. So, it was easy for their eldest daughter to read. However, both did not communicate any romantic stuff. I think they assumed this situation earlier.




The main problem I had was about my father's handwriting and, it was not clear to read. Therefore, I had to put additional effort to understand his wordings and, to see anyone coming into the room. I could read two to three letters written by my mother when trying to read one letter written by my father. I thought that how did my mother read this stuff and, that was the idea I had when I was reading my father's letters. His textual style was italic and aligned to the left-hand side. I had many letters to read and, I finished more than half of it. 


So, I followed my safety mechanisms and, read that book for a couple of days. One day my sister was suspicious about this reading as she noticed that I was reading the same book for a couple of days. So, she asked that 'Do you have interesting stuff to read? I do not think so'. I blamed her and, said that she does not know the importance of anything. As her behavior was a bit suspicious, I also worked more carefully. 

But one day she suddenly entered the room and, hauled the book without keeping time for me to take any action. Then a few letters and books tumbled down when I was trying to get them back, and she could pick one letter. When she grabbed that, I did not have anything to do with it. So, she wanted to read all the others. She was three years younger than me. So, I tried to convince her less maturity. She did not look back even though I tried to stop her. After that, I knew the next results once she went away with an angry mood.


After that, I was ashamed when my mother returned to the room. Then she blamed me and, asked for all the letters. As soon as it was taken, she burned it all over.

It gave me sad and guilty feelings as those were suddenly vanished because of me. Then I said that 'I read just one letter. Do not burn all'. But she was so silent and, did not listen to me. Apart from the letters, there was some stuff like greeting cards and, pictures. There was one picture of a pretty girl who holds a Rose flower. She looks like my mother, and my father has taken from a magazine.

Still, I can remember that tragic minute where all these nice things became ash within a few minutes. I had the worst feeling about this loss than the terrible feeling I had about the rest of the letters that I could not read. I think my mother informed my father about this. So, it was very guilty to look at his face. I did not talk too much with my father for several days. But my father behaved as usual.



#blogger #bloggers #blogging #blog #writingcommunity #spreadlove #writerlift #reader #love #letter #book #fire #greeting #card #memory #parents #sister #sad #sorry #mother #father #bad #girl #affair

16 comments:

  1. What an intense memory.... sibling rivalry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chocoviv... Hope you enjoyed the post. Yes. Those days she was a headache for me. :D
      Have a nice day dear... :)

      Delete
  2. Ahaa, its good dialogue on the topic of this paragraph at
    this place at this website, I have read all that, so now me also commenting here.

    I am sure this piece of writing has touched all the internet users, its really
    really good paragraph on building up new weblog. It's very simple
    to find out any matter on net as compared to books,
    as I found this article at this website. http://cspan.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure this paragraph has touched all the internet users, its really really nice article on building up new web site.
    I will immediately take hold of your rss as I can’t find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service.
    Do you have any? Please permit me realize so that I could subscribe.
    Thanks. You have made some decent points there.
    I looked on the net for more info about the issue and found most
    individuals will go along with your views on this site.
    http://Foxnews.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did,
    the internet will be much more useful than ever before.

    I just could not leave your web site prior to suggesting that I extremely loved the standard information a person supply in your guests?
    Is going to be back often in order to check out new posts
    Ahaa, its pleasant dialogue concerning this piece of writing at this place at this webpage, I have
    read all that, so now me also commenting here. http://foxnews.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe a product actually particular in this
    site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your response dear buddy...
      Hope you enjoyed the post.
      Have a great day dear.. :)

      Delete
  6. I have already been apart for quite a while, the difference is Walking out to as to
    why That i used to adore this excellent website. Cheers , I most certainly
    will make an attempt to check back sometimes.

    How many times you actually have more websites?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your response dear buddy...
    Hope you enjoyed the post. Thanks for reading my blog posts.
    Have a great day dear.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW juѕt what I waѕ looking for. Came here by seareching fог dumps balance checker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your time dear buddy. Hope you enjoyed the post.
      Have a nice day buddy...

      Delete
  9. I was merely wanting just for this info for some time.
    Once 6 hours for continuous Googleing, eventually I bought them on your own online site.
    I'm wondering what’s the possible lack of Bing method the fact that don’t position like instructive internet websites inside the superior variety.
    The exact top notch web pages will be rich in trash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear, Thanks for reading my blog posts. I hope this was a helpful article for you. Thanks for your time again. Great day... :)

      Delete
  10. This was it, i was searching for. Thanks a lot for requiring time
    to release it on your post. Truly Appreciated. I will
    be visiting your blog again as i just found you publish such a fantastic stuff
    here.

    I figured out a site which is devoted to people who are eager to loose weight faster or later.
    It's about Keto Body Tone that is getting popular
    in the USA, and they are coming to other countries too. Hope you
    might love to inspect it out and share your
    views about Keto Body Tone Diet Product.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am writing to let you be aware of what a superb discovery my cousin's daughter
    experienced going through your web page. She noticed many pieces, with the inclusion of what it's like to have
    an excellent giving heart to get certain people completely know selected tortuous things.

    You undoubtedly did more than our own expected results.
    Thank you for delivering those productive, trustworthy, educational not to mention easy thoughts on the topic to
    Kate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear, I'm so glad about your kind response, and I really appreciate the time you put to consider about my blog and your cousin's daughter. If she could grasp something good, then I could say that one of my key purposes has achieved.
      Please give my regards to all...
      Thank you very much.. Great day dear... :)

      Delete