Wednesday, March 4, 2020

65.0 Jobs! Are You A Successful Employee? All The Best...



Jobs!

  • What do you know about jobs?
  • What don't you know about jobs?
  • Are you a successful employee at your company?
  • Are you fed up with your job?
  • Do you like your office colleagues?
  • Are they jealousy about you?
  • Do your colleagues let you go up on your career ladder?
  • Can you manage your colleagues without hurting their feelings?
  • Did they take your blames personally?
  • Are you working in the field you expected?
  • Does the salary is enough for you?
  • Have you requested more?
  • Did you remind your next promotion to them?
  • How was the last performance appraisal meeting?
  • Can you handle the workload within the deadline?
  • Is it a reasonable one?
  • Do you need more resources?
  • Don't they want to hire anymore?
  • Can you manage the workload of two people as a genius?
  • Can you resolve any critical matter with minimum supervision?
  • Have you checked any more opportunities this week?
  • How about your last interview? Can you go through it?
  • Are you passing your maximum stress level?
  • What will happen on next morning?


Huh... Lol... When I'm starting this topic, these are some questions that came to mind by typing that word J….O….B….S! However, some of the questions that I have mentioned above are no longer available on my plate? Instead of those, there are new things? As I was a 9 - 6 employee, those were some firing questions I had before, and I think that most of you also face these matters if you are stuck in someone's office as such an employee. However, by proving Lord Buddha's Dhamma; "If you love 100 things, then you have 100 pains". Basically, if you love something, then it brings you pain. It is a universal truth, and the job has also belonged to this rule, as we have to love it. It is the income method of us. So, it is a thing that gives us the pain too. 



The time I spent as a job seeker was hectic. It was an interview era. In that era, I wanted to find a job near our home town. As IT job opportunities are limited to Colombo, I could not find my desired job. So, I started my career as an IT lecturer. Though the designation was given as a Lecturer, I got a small payment. 



However, I started it for my career exposure. I had to conduct lectures in the classrooms by helping them in the labs as an instructor too. So, it was not an easy job. I could say that the owners took the energy of young girls by allocating the maximum workload. There were many girls, and all had that tight schedule. However, it was a fun era, and sometimes we had to face for the incidents that we did as students in the past. When I was writing something on the board, some started laughing. When I was looking at them, they hid their laughter hardly. One day a boy came up with a question, and I did not know the answer. 



So, I gave an answer that can support the question. As he did not satisfy the answer, I asked him to remind it in the next week. So, I thought to find out the answer when I'm going to the next class. However, I forgot about it and had to face the same situation in the next class. But that guy followed up and asked again. I can remember how did I embarrass. That gang also wanted to defeat the teacher, and it happened. Still, I can remember the winning smile had on his face when I was embarrassed. Lol... 




When we were studying for the Advance level exam, I also did the same for a person who conducted a group class. On that day, we gave a difficult Math question to him, and he could not resolve it soon. When he was taking the time, I can remember how did he get sweat when we were happily watching that moment. However, he could do it by taking the time, even though I could not manage this situation at all. So, I think this incident was a return for me. It is a Karmically return. Lol… 




However, that era was a nice time as I did not stick to a computer only. I could involve different types of people. My colleagues and students had different personalities. So, it was a new experience for me. It was not like involving with a bunch of friends. It was a different thing. One day our management informed us that some seniors who were working in the government sector want to do the computer course. They said that they wanted some sessions in the lab. Not the theory sessions. 



So, they allocated me and another colleague for this job. So, we arranged special materials according to their requirements. When they came, again, they reminded their requirement. Some of them asked about our qualifications. Some felt shy to learn from us, as we look like their children. So, they pointed out many reasons for the requirement of that computer course.



As usual, we introduced the contents of the course. When we were doing it some of them did not look at us even, and they did not care about the things we said. So, it was an uncomfortable situation for us too. Because of their behavior, we could not teach the things and ask questions to verify their understanding as we did for others. So, we assumed that they got the point. He he he.... 



Therefore, the sessions we conducted at the lab were horrible. Some of them could not manage the computer mouse even, though they gave big talks before. So, it made them embarrassed like nothing. However, some caught up the things well and went forward. That gang did not like to listen to their colleagues also. They thought that it was not good for their image. However, they came for a few weeks and stopped suddenly. It was a great relief for us too.  Lol...



So, guys, this is one page of my career, and there are many to tell. I think I can write a few posts regarding this topic. Wait... I will come up with some remarkable memories. You can enjoy it and learn!




#blog #blogging #jobs #career #employee #employer #pain #company #computer #laptop #promotion #deadline #resources #interview #stress #office #lecturer #it #seniors #ego #memories


No comments:

Post a Comment